12 Inexpensive Emergency Preps To Stockpile NOW!
12 Inexpensive Emergency Preps To Stockpile NOW! by SARA TIPTON for Ready Nutrition
Support The Daily Coin
Many people are getting a gut instinct to prepare, but many have lost jobs and suffered other economic losses in light of the coronavirus pandemic. We can prepare on a budget and grab some inexpensive items for our stockpile right now.
Many people are getting a gut instinct to stockpile and prepare, but many have lost jobs and suffered other economic blows as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We can prepare on a budget and grab some inexpensive items for our stockpile right now.
A lot of these inexpensive items can be found at Wal-Mart and dollar stores You can also find them at most grocery stores. Check for items on sale every time you go out, and even if you can only stock up a few things a little bit at a time, grab some of these when they go on sale.
- Seeds: This should be self-explanatory. Buy as many heirloom seeds as you can and be prepared to grow and store your own food.
- Inexpensive Firestarter Supplies: Make firestarter tins with cotton balls, Vaseline, and a lighter. Have these things on hand so you can make them as you need them, or make them in advance for your bug out bag.
- Lighters: Not only can you pick one up for a buck just about anywhere, but you can also order them in bulk on Amazon or elsewhere.
- Medical Supplies: Grab some Aspirin or other over the counter painkiller, medical wraps, gauze, bandages, etc. Stock up on anything you think you might need. These things (other than the over the counter medications) will not expire. You can also perhaps barter with them. For example, I never get a headache. I’m one of those odd people who hasn’t really ever had one. But I have aspirin and Tylenol in our preparedness gear because someone else may need them or I may get injured and need something to take the edge off too. Anything can happen, so stay open to what you may want to pick up when things go on sale. A frugal solution is to find some medical supplies at the Dollar store. Here is an article on 30 items you can purchase at discount stores.
- Rubbing Alcohol: Cools and relaxes muscles and gets rid of bacterial growth under the nails. If you get cold sores rubbing alcohol can help heal them. Alcohol can also be used to disinfect medical instruments if you need to use some.
- Socks: This is one thing you can look for every time you go to Wal-Mart or the dollar store. Check after holidays too, such as Halloween. You can get jack-o-lantern socks for cheap then! You should always carry extra socks in your bag in case your feet get wet or you are getting blisters and need an extra layer of protection. We have a few in all our sizes in unopened bulk packages. We don’t have a Wal-Mart nearby, but I make a habit of getting things at the dollar store. You never know when you could need a good pair of socks. These could also be excellent to barter with.