Food Shortages Are Coming: This Is How You’ll Survive
Food Shortages Are Coming: This Is How You’ll Survive by Sara Tipton for Ready Nutrition
We have all likely seen the reports that food shortages are coming. This seems to be the one thing that the mainstream media and alternative media can agree upon. From the health crisis, we learned that we cannot be fully dependent on stores to have an everlasting supply of food and everyday living items. Furthermore, some states have even banned the purchase of seeds, all but making being self-sufficient “illegal.” But this is still the best way to protect yourself.
If food shortages are coming, there is a way to prepare yourselves so your family can eat healthy foods even when the worst happens. You need to make the effort to become more reliant on yourself for your food regardless of what the media reports. No matter what happens, self-reliance is freedom. This is often seen as difficult in our minds, but it can be done! Any amount of improvement in the are of food self-sufficiency will go far when the grocery store’s shelves start to empty.
Order seeds online. It only takes a small amount of research to figure out what kind of vegetables and/or fruit you can easily grow in your own yard or balcony. Ready Nutrition offers a “garden in a can” which is an excellent way to grab some seeds from the comfort of your own home. With over 5,000 seeds in the can, this is what you get in a Homestead Vegetable Garden-In-A-Can:
- Produce enough fresh food for a family of eight for a whole year with just one can
- We test each and every seed batch for reliability to make sure you grow the most productive crop
- We source only heirloom seed varieties b/c we truly believe the old adage that says, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”
- Our seeds are sourced through American farmers who pledge to never, ever use GMO crops
- Upside down & inside out, our seeds are tested to make sure they are positively pesticide-free
- You can bet the farm that we will make it right by you if you’re ever unhappy with any of our products—guaranteed!
Another easy way to help your garden is to start a compost pile and use it as fertilizer for your garden. Feeding the soil the nutrients it needs to grow food source is paramount in growing your groceries. A benefit to this is you are using sustainable approaches to using what you have to live. As well, a compost pile is fairly inexpensive to get going too. Here’s a great article that will explain how to create “black gold”: