China Bars All Foreigners From Entry Over Coronavirus Fears: Live Updates
China Bars All Foreigners From Entry Over Coronavirus Fears: Live Updates from Zero Hedge
TDC Note – What!?!?!? The ChiComs are shutting down their borders!?!?! What!?!?! ChiCom “leaders” should be arrested for crimes against humanity.
- Jerusalem’s Church of the Holy Sepulchre closed
- New York City hospitals report “apocalyptic” surge in cases
- Elmhurst Hospital in Queens is overwhelmed with new cases
- More than 500k volunteers sign up to help the NHS in Britain
- New Orleans hosts major outbreak
- Inmate in Washington DC tests positive
- NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell tests positive
- India passes $22.6 billion bailout package
- Tokyo reports 40 cases for 2nd day in a row
- A record 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment
- China bans entry of foreigners
- 157 more deaths reported in Iran
- Putin shuts down Moscow, delays vote on constitutional measures
- Wednesday was deadliest yet in US
- President Xi calls on nations to improve policy coordination to avoid a recession
- Mnuchin says he speaks with Powell up to ’30 times a day’
* * *
Update (1155ET): Andrew Cuomo is delivering his daily press update, saying that 6,448 new cases were confirmed yesterday in New York State out of 18,650 tests. That brings the state’s total to 37,258 COVID-19 cases, with 5,327 currently hospitalized, and 1,290 patients in the ICU.
— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) March 26, 2020
6,448 new cases in New York State
3,537 new cases in New York City
1,253 new cases in Westchester County
Note: 18,650 tested in past day, roughly 50% more than yesterday pic.twitter.com/FIvOwW8Vop
— Steve Lookner (@lookner) March 26, 2020
China, meanwhile, announced plans to ban foreigners from entering the country as they threaten to spark a “resurgence” of COVID-19 cases.
* * *
Update (1130ET): In more news about who’s testing positive Thursday, NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell has reportedly tested positive for COVID-19.