Apple Closes All Italian Stores, Trump Ponders National Emergency Declaration: Live Updates
Apple Closes All Italian Stores, Trump Ponders National Emergency Declaration: Live Updates from Zero Hedge
- WHO declares Covid-19 is a pandemic
- Congressional doctor says up to
- Cuomo confirms 39 new cases in NY, raising total to 212
- First death in Indonesia
- Confirmed cases in France top 2,000
- Washington State to ban events over 200
- Details of cruiseline industry’s ‘health and safety proposal’ leak
- ‘Waffle House’ employee in Atlanta confirmed
- UK reports 7th death
- Chicago cancels St. Paddy’s Day parade
- NY sends in National Guard
- IADB cancels meeting in Colombia as virus spreads across Latin America
- Mnuchin says first part of virus stimulus plan will be ready in 2 days
- Dr. Fauci warns virus 10x more deadly than flu and could infect millions if not handled early
- FEMA evacuates Atlanta office over coronavirus scare
- 3 Boeing workers test positie
- Washington DC advises cancellation or postponement of all gatherings with more than 1,000 people
- Harvard to prorate room and board for students
- US cases surpass 1,000
- UK Health Minister catches virus
- Ireland, Bulgaria, Sweden report first deaths
- Connecticut declares state of emergency
- UK total hits 456 following largest daily jump on record (83 new cases)
- Global cases pass 120,000
- South Korea reports new outbreak in call center
- Japan reportedly planning to declare state of emergency
* * *
Update (1445ET): The UK has just reported its 7th death, another elderly patient, according to media reports.
In other news, the House Oversight Committee meeting where Dr. Fauci and Dr. Redfield were answering questions won’t resume until tomorrow.
Chairwoman Maloney says Fauci and Redfield have been “unavoidably detained” at the White House and we don’t know what is going on but they cannot come back.”
The House Oversight Committee hearing on #COVID2019 response will resume Thursday at 11 a.m.
— Brianna Ehley (@Briannaehley) March 11, 2020
* * *
Update (1430ET): France has just announced roughly 500 new coronavirus infections, and more than a dozen more deaths, bringing the total above 2,000.
- FRANCE CONFIRMS 2281 CORONAVIRUS CASES, 48 DEATHS AS OF WED.
* * *
Update (1410ET): During his Wednesday press conference, Cuomo confirmed that the state had succeeded in contracting with 28 private labs to speed up coronavirus tests. He also confirmed 39 new cases in NY, bringing the state total to 212, adding that “numbers will continue to go up dramatically.”