NEGATIVE RATES ARE KILLING THE WORLD
NEGATIVE RATES ARE KILLING THE WORLD by Egon von Greyerz for Gold Switzerland
“BREXIT, is in the last innings, UK will get out” – This is how Egon von Greyerz starts the interview with Eric King of King World News. Egon goes on to say that in the long run the EU will dissolve, country after country, until it finally collapses under its own weight.
Egon further expresses his concerns about the FED’s emergency liquidity intervention, which has resulted in the relaunch of QE. Banking pressures are not only limited to the US, it’s a global phenomenon. Looking at Europe, German, French and Italian Banks have been extremely fragile for a very long time.
- The Paper shufflers: Gold ETF holdings have spiked with virtually no physical demand.
- In the long run gold fundamentals know only one way: UP.
- Gold has broken its 2011 highs in virtually every single currency. $ 2’000, $ 3’000 and $ 5’000 are just starting numbers.
- Central banks support gold on a daily basis, by continuing to debase currencies.
- People going to lose a major part of their wealth, caused by an implosion of bubble assets such as stocks, bonds and properties.
- Shortages are starting: As indicated by Perth Mint’s Silver delays.
- In this vicious debt cycle, central banks have only one option left: Debase currencies and create an inflationary nightmare.
- Europe, Japan or America, they all must print unlimited money for the banking system to survive.
- Negative rates are killing the world: No savings possible, only money printing and skyrocketing deficits are guaranteed.
- It’s inevitable: A paradigm of overspending and living above your means will end.
- Better get prepared: There is nothing governments can do, than to continue debasing currencies. Inevitably, gold will reflect that in a major way.
LISTEN IN BROWSER:
Egon von Greyerz
Founder and Managing Partner
Matterhorn Asset Management
Phone: +41 44 213 62 45
Matterhorn Asset Management’s global client base strategically stores an important part of their wealth in Switzerland in physical gold and silver outside the banking system. Matterhorn Asset Management is pleased to deliver a unique and exceptional service to our highly esteemed wealth preservation clientele in over 60 countries.
Articles may be republished if full credits are given with a link to GoldSwitzerland.com.