Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is Suing Google for 50 Million Dollars for Censoring Her Campaign

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is Suing Google for 50 Million Dollars for Censoring Her Campaign by Cassandra Fairbanks for The Gateway Pundit

Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard has filed a federal lawsuit against Google for suspending her campaign’s advertising account following the first debate in June.

Gabbard was the most searched candidate at the time.

Google had suspended the campaign’s advertising account for six hours from June 27th into June 28, immediately following the debate while searches for her were trending.

The lawsuit was filed in a Los Angeles federal court on Thursday, the New York Times reports. They are seeking an injunction against Google to prevent them from continuing to meddle in the election and damages of at least $50 million.

“Google’s discriminatory actions against my campaign are reflective of how dangerous their complete dominance over internet search is, and how the increasing dominance of big tech companies over our public discourse threatens our core American values,” Rep. Gabbard said in a statement to the Times. “This is a threat to free speech, fair elections, and to our democracy, and I intend to fight back on behalf of all Americans.”

A Google spokesperson told the Hill that the account was suspended due to sudden “large spending changes” that were detected automatically.

“We have automated systems that flag unusual activity on all advertiser accounts – including large spending changes – in order to prevent fraud and protect our customers,” the spokeswoman said.

“In this case, our system triggered a suspension and the account was reinstated shortly thereafter.”

Her campaign says that they had increased spending as she had become the most searched candidate following her performance in the debate.

The lawsuit also alleges that Google is sending their campaign emails to people’s spam folders at “a disproportionately high rate” compared to other campaigns.

Continue Reading / The Gateway Pundit>>>

Sharing is caring!

The Gateway Pundit

In late 2004 I started The Gateway Pundit blog after the presidential election. At that time I had my twin brother Joe and my buddy Chris as regular readers. A lot has changed since then. Today The Gateway Pundit is one of the top political websites. The Gateway Pundit has 12 million visits each month (Stat Counter – Google Analytics). It is consistently ranked as one of the top political blogs in the nation. TGP has been cited by Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, The Drudge Report, The Blaze, Mark Levin, FOX Nation and by several international news organizations.