Berlin was a liberal hotbed of homosexuality and a mecca for cross dressers and transsexuals where the first male-to-female surgery was performed
Berlin was a liberal hotbed of homosexuality and a mecca for cross dressers and transsexuals where the first male-to-female surgery was performed – until the Nazis came to power, new book reveals By CAROLINE HOWE FOR MAILONLINE from Daily Mail
TDC Note – More evidence that history is replete with fallen empires due to the exact same nonsense that we see today as False Pride month comes to end. If you go back and read what the report we published at the beginning of 2019 you will see this is the reason empires fall. Economics play big part but it’s the debauchery and mass turning away from God that can not be overcome and crashes the whole the thing. We are nearing the end.
- An uninhibited urban gay sexual scene flourished in Berlin, Germany in the wake of World War One
- The science of ‘transsexuality’ was founded at the Institute of Sexual Science where the first male-to-female surgery was performed
- German scientists concluded that same-sex love was a natural, inborn characteristic and not merely the perversion of a ‘normal’ sexual tendency
- There were 30 separate homosexual periodicals
- Cross-dressers found dressmakers who tailored for large sizes and singles searching for gay love could place ads
Think Liza Minnelli and Joel Gray in Carberet. Think West Hollywood, Greenwich Village and Provincetown and the Castro, known as hotbeds of homosexuality.
But they are nothing like the uninhibited urban gay sexual scene and vast homosexual subculture that flourished in Berliin under Germany’s Weimar Republic.
Sexual experimentation between the same sexes and medical advances of helping genders ‘trapped within the wrong body’ in Germany more than one hundred years ago shaped our understanding of gay identity today.
The city’s liberal years – before the rise of Hitler – are detailed in a new book, Gay Berlin.
The science of ‘transsexuality’ was founded in Berlin at the Institute of Sexual Science where the first male-to-female surgery was performed. The words ‘homosexual’ or ‘transvestite’ were German innovations.