John Williams & Chris Waltzek (Podcast)
John Williams & Chris Waltzek Podcast by Radio Gold Seek
- John Williams of Shadowstats.com returns to the show with provisos on the domestic economy.
- Investors are advised to prepare for a recession as soon as the second quarter of 2019.
- As soon as September Shadowstats.com analysis indicates Fed policymakers will begin a new rate cut cycle.
- When adjusted for Real inflation (10% vs. 3% officially) retail sales are flat to negative and economic output is overstated.
- This could put downward pressure on the US dollar and US shares.
- Over the past decade, US policymakers have attempted to revive the domestic economy via $14 trillion in QE.
- Inflation could send crude oil to new highs as well as the PMs.
- Ultimately the world’s reserve currency will require revaluation against gold, the true reserve currency.
- Unfortunately our guest expects policymakers to ignore the lessons of financial history resulting in hyperinflation.
- Gold could then climb to $25,000+.
- Our guest proposes a singular means to escape what he views as inevitable hyperinflation: gold and silver coins / bars.
- The host adds that cryptocurrencies are de facto alternatives to fiat paper money schemes.
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and related assets could also participate in the global currency endgame in extraordinary fashion.