8 Herbal Teas That Will Keep You Healthy All Winter Long
8 Herbal Teas That Will Keep You Healthy All Winter Long by: Robin Marri Miller for Off the Grid News
Herbal teas are not only full of flavor, but they also have many wonderful health benefits.
Herbs can aid in sleeping, control blood pressure, reduce anxiety, support the immune system, and provide antioxidants. They also can help the metabolism and give you an energy boost.
You either can purchase tea bags and combine them in your teapot, buy pre-blended teas, or use freshly dried herbs and create your own herbal tea blends.
Here is a list of eight herbal teas, with their benefits.
1. Chamomile tea
- Natural stress reliever, Those who drink chamomile tea on a daily basis tend to have less stress and be less anxious than those who do not drink it.
- Prevent sickness. The antibacterial properties of chamomile tea may aid in the prevention of colds while defending against bacterial-related illness, as well. If you get a cold and have a sore throat, chamomile tea is also good for relieving sore throat symptoms.
- Diabetes. Recent studies show that chamomile can help those suffering from diabetes.
- Stomach ache. Chamomile sooths the muscles and lining of the intestines. It can help with poor digestion and even with those suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.
- Natural sleep aid. It can aid in getting a great night’s sleep if you drink a cup before bedtime.
2. Peppermint tea
- Digestion. Peppermint is great for digestion and can aid in indigestion.
- Nausea. It helps to relax the stomach muscles and can even ease bloating.
- Breath freshener. Peppermint gives your breath a great smell!
- Congestion and fever. If you have congestion from a cold, peppermint tea can help to relieve it. Furthermore, it is even said to help reduce a fever.
- Natural source of energy. Just the smell of peppermint is a stimulant, awaking the senses and helping you focus.
3. Valerian root tea
- Relaxation and sleep aid. Valerian root has deep relaxing qualities. Hence, valerian helps to calm the mind.
- Stress and anxiety reducer. Teas containing valerian contribute to reducing stress and anxiety.
- Sleep aid. Herbal teas made with valerian are a relaxing, bedtime treat!