Bill Murphy & Chris Waltzek Ph.D. (Podcast)
Bill Murphy & Chris Waltzek Ph.D. Podcast – Radio Gold Seek
- Bill Murphy of GATA.org notes the risk / reward scenario for precious metals investors may have never been this favorable.
- The massive JP Morgan silver short position and it’s potential to cause an epic short-squeeze, sending the price of silver skyward.
- The dialogue includes two favorite Alpha Stock Newsletter gold stock candidates, Agnico Eagle (AEM) and Pan American Silver (PAAS).
- Today, the FOMC raised the overnight lending rate by a quarter point to 2% for the fist time in a decade.
- Policymakers noted expectations for the already tame unemployment rate of 3.8%, the lowest in 17 years, to drop further to 3.6%.
- The yield curve is vulnerable to inversion after the Dec. FOMC quarter point rate hike, leading to an economic slowdown as soon as the summer of 2019.
- The trade war between Washington and our neighbors Canada / Mexico as well as major trade partners, Europe / China remains a wildcard that has the smart money accumulating safe haven investments ahead of potential economic sanctions related blowback.