Peter Schiff & Chris Waltzek Ph.D. (Podcast)
Peter Schiff & Chris Waltzek Ph.D. Podcast – Radio GoldSeek
Our guest owns a house and condo in Puerto Rico, where a direct hit from CAT 4 Hurricane Maria plunged all 3.4 million inhabitants into total darkness.
6 months – hundreds of thousands will require relocation.
The discussion includes new national emergency in California – wild fires have claimed at least 15 fatalities, hundreds of missing persons.
- The string of natural disasters in 2017 illustrates the importance for every household to prepare for unexpected events.
- Peter Schiff is less concerned with the imminent rate hike expected (87% odds) at the December FOMC meeting, focussing instead on a potential QE.
- China announced plans to “compel” Saudi Arabia to exchange oil for Yuan / gold, a big plus for the PMs markets.
- Venezuela just suggested a preference for the Ruble / Yuan over the Greenback for energy trading.
- As the world turns to alternative currencies, a watershed moment could unfold for precious metals investors.
- China stunned the world with news that official gold reserves soared to 12,000 tons, the largest worldwide, the first nation to ever surpass the US.
- Sources speculate the actual figure is 20,000-30,000 tons, including friend of the show, Dr. Stephen Leeb.
- Dennis Gartman recently announced that the BIS is attempting to suppress the gold price.
- Our guest notes that regardless of manipulation schemes, inevitably market forces will send the price back to it’s natural, higher level.
- He suggests 5-10% portfolio exposure to bullion and up to 20% in gold equities as a bare minimum, in a diversified format.
- The host attempts to persuade the guest regarding the merits of Bitcoin and related Altcoins as a digital currency alternatives.
- The crypto-domain resembles the pre-bubble dot.com era – top stars with solid first mover advantage and functionality will thrive such as Bitcoin / Ethereum.