10 Super Affordable Survival Items You Can Stock Up On NOW Without Breaking Your Wallet
10 Super Affordable Survival Items You Can Stock Up On NOW Without Breaking Your Wallet by Bridgette Wilcox – BugOut
Canned goods, flashlights, a first aid kit, and drinking water — if you have these in a survival situation, you’re good, right? Yes, probably — but add just a few more items to your survival arsenal and you can go from surviving to actually thriving, even during an emergency. These 10 items are not only affordable and easy to find, but incredibly useful in many ways, so you will definitely get your money’s worth.
- Lighter cubes – Fire can be useful in most survival situations, because they allow you to keep warm, cook food, and boil water for drinking. However, it’s not always easy to build a fire, but that’s where lighter cubes come in. According to a list on AskaPrepper.com, this item is a godsend when you need to start a fire in less-than-ideal conditions.
- Emergency blanket – While its main function is to keep you extra warm and toasty, it’s really a multipurpose tool that also works as a makeshift tent. According to SeattleBackpackersMagazine.com, using it as a hammock, a funnel, or to create an air pocket in a forest fire are just some of the 50 ways to make use of this simple but lifesaving item.
- 550 Paracord – Yet another multi-functional item on the list, you can use parachute cords to secure tents, create a pulley system, mark a trail, or hang food above ground to save it from animals.
- Folding saw – Keeping a lightweight folding saw on hand is useful for gathering wood for fires or any other purpose.
- Batteries – It’s best to make sure you have a good supply of different kinds of batteries so your important electronics stay powered. Batteries could also be a useful commodity to barter with if the situation calls for it.