I Was Wrong…
I Was Wrong… by Jimmy Mengel – Outsider Club
I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong…
In the business of trying to time the market, evaluate growth stocks, and identify investment trends, even the best minds in the business get blindsided sometimes.
We all blow some calls here and there and I’m no exception.
But sometimes being wrong is even better than being right. Case in point — my “mistake” in timing the exploding legal marijuana industry.
I’ve been crowing to my readers for months now that the full-scale legalization of Canadian marijuana would happen on April 20th. That was the previously scheduled date for the landmark announcement.
But there were rumblings that that date would actually be pushed back to next year, which could have put a serious damper on our pot stocks.
Instead, the government announced this week that it was moving the date up! The final legalization is now going down on April 10th.
Just the announcement of that announcement sent my pot stocks flying 10% or more. You can imagine what will happen once the official announcement is actually made.
That means you don’t have much time left to stake your claim…
You see, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau ran for Canada’s highest office under the pledge to completely legalize marijuana. It was a somewhat controversial position, but it won widespread support among Canada’s younger voting bloc.
Many would argue that the promise of legal marijuana won him the race…
As someone who is heavily invested in Canada’s current marijuana industry, this was the best possible news I could have received. Currently the industry is heavily regulated by Health Canada, which sets limits on the number of producers and how much they can produce. It has hindered growth in some of my favorite cannabis companies.
If full-scale legalization were to happen, it would open up millions of new customers to Canada’s already robust marijuana market. Deloitte predicted that the market could be worth an astounding $22.6 billion if Trudeau made good on his campaign promise.
That’s bigger than the Canadian beer and wine markets combined…
Luckily for marijuana investors, he has made good on his promise even earlier than expected.
On April 10th, Trudeau will officially announce the complete legalization of marijuana in Canada. Here’s the confirmation from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, who broke the story:
The Liberal government will announce legislation next month that will legalize marijuana in Canada by July 1, 2018.
CBC News has learned that the legislation will be announced during the week of April 10 and will broadly follow the recommendation of a federally appointed task force that was chaired by former liberal Justice Minister Anne McLellan.
It was necessary to “legalize, regulate and restrict access to marijuana” in order to keep drugs “out of the hands of children, and the profits out of the hands of criminals.”
The Liberals had promised to introduce legislation by the Spring of 2017. Announcing the legislation the week of April 10 will allow the party to hit that deadline.
This was music to my ears.
If you are currently invested in Canadian marijuana stocks, get ready for a windfall…
But if you aren’t, I’d highly suggest that you get invested as soon as humanly possible. Here’s how to do it…
The booming marijuana industry is a bit misunderstood. It is not just a bunch of stoners growing weed in warehouses. The industry has blossomed into a three-headed hydra.
- There are the growers and producers that provide the actual plants
- There are the cutting-edge medical companies that provide crucial marijuana-based medicine to treat everything from anxiety to epilepsy to cancer pain
- There are the auxiliary “picks and shovels” companies like grow lights, fertilizers, testing companies, warehouses, and social media companies.
A rising tide lifts all boats, as they say, and marijuana will be no different.
That’s why I’ve put together an entire portfolio of marijuana stocks to cover each and every angle. It acts like an ETF of the industry at large. Here are just a few of my recommendations:
- A one billion-dollar producer that will completely dominate the marijuana industry. It was already profitable before the announcement, and is in the best position to ramp things up after legalization hits. Some analysts have compared buying this company now to “buying Amazon in 1997”
- A tiny medical marijuana company that is primed to revolutionize the chronic pain market. The CEO and founder have successfully overseen 11 painkillers to market, including several versions of OxyContin. Pain is a $635 billion industry, and these guys know how to play that market better than anyone
- A marijuana venture capital firm that specializes in buying undervalued assets and turning them into money-making machines. It’s been on a buying spree of Canada’s best pot companies and has acquired 20% of Canada’s hottest marijuana assets at fire-sale prices. And it did it by aiming at these undervalued firms… BEFORE 100% legalization takes place
This is only a snapshot of my entire portfolio. I also cover the “Wal-Mart of Weed”, the “Facebook of Marijuana”, the “Pfizer of Pot”, and many others.
You can get access to my entire portfolio right away by signing up for The Marijuana Manifesto, my brand-new newsletter completely dedicated to this once-in-a-lifetime investing phenomenon.
But please don’t sleep on this. The more time you waste, the less money you’ll make. And if you fail to act by April 10th you’ll regret it for the rest of your investing life.
That much I’m sure about…