1961 Prophecy From Evangelist Tommy Hicks Described The Army Of The Last Days That Is Rising Now
1961 Prophecy From Evangelist Tommy Hicks Described The Army Of The Last Days That Is Rising Now by Michael Snyder
More than 50 years ago, God showed evangelist Tommy Hicks what the mighty army of the last days would look like. Hicks was best known for his work in South America, and you can see some old photos of him ministering during the Argentinian revival of 1954 here. According to Hicks, on the morning of July 25th, 1961 he was shown the same vision “three times, exactly in detail”, and what he saw changed the course of his life forever. In this vision God revealed to Hicks that the Spirit of God would be poured out on “the nobodies” all over the world in the last days, and that this incredible army would shake the world for God like we have never seen before.
I did not know about this vision until it was recently sent to me by one of my readers. Without knowing it, for years I have been proclaiming the exact same things that Hicks was shown. If you are familiar with my work, you already know that I can’t stop talking about the Remnant that will rise in the last days that will keep God’s commandments and walk in holiness, that will bring in the greatest harvest of souls the world has ever seen, and that will move in the power of the Holy Spirit like we haven’t seen since the Book of Acts.
Even though I was not aware of this prophecy from 1961 until just recently, it agrees with everything that I have been preaching. The following are 15 key points that I pulled out of his vision…
1. There will be an unprecedented move of God in the last days.
2. God is going to use “the nobodies” during this great wave of the Spirit that is coming.
3. There will be a great anointing on those that are ready to receive it.
4. Some will refuse the anointing of God and the call of God.
5. This move of God will happen in “Africa, England, Russia, China, America” and “all over the world”.
6. There will be great signs, wonders, healings and miracles.
7. Hicks was told by Jesus that this is the “mighty army” that will arise in “the last days”.
8. Spiritual “translation” will become common for those in this army.
9. There will be great famine in the last days. According to the UN, this is something that is happening right now.
10. There will be a tremendous harvest of souls as multitudes come to know Jesus.
11. “God is going to give to the world a demonstration in this last hour as the world has never known.”
12. The true body of Christ will finally function as it was originally intended.
13. A time of “great persecution” will strike as this mighty army is winning souls all over the world.
14. Hicks saw “great vials of God’s wrath being poured out upon the face of the earth” just after the rapture takes place. This lines up precisely with what I wrote in The Rapture Verdict about the timing of the rapture. In my book I detail how the rapture comes immediately after the seven year Tribulation period has ended, and just before the great vials of God’s wrath described in the Book of Revelation are poured out.
15. This is how Hicks ended his account of the vision that he was given…
My life has been changed as I realized that we are living in that end time, for all over the world God is anointing men and women with this ministry. It will not be doctrine. It will not be a churchianity. It is going to be Jesus Christ. They will give forth the word of the Lord and are going to say, “I heard it so many times in the vision and according to my word it shall be done.”
Oh, my people, listen to me. According to my word, it shall be done. We are going to be clothed with power and anointing from God. We won’t have to preach sermons, we won’t have to have persons heckle us in public. We won’t have to depend on man, nor will we be denomination echoes, but we will have the power of the living God. We will fear no man, but will go in the name of the Lord of Hosts!
I find it extremely interesting that Hicks used the term “churchianity”, because that is a term that I have often used.
The move of God that is happening now is taking place largely outside of the established denominations and “megachurches”. It is happening in home fellowships, small churches and among isolated individuals all over the world.
I truly wish that the big ministries would get on board because they have tremendous resources, and if they keep resisting what God is trying to do then this great move of God will pass them by entirely.
Just like Hicks saw, this next great move of God is not going to be about exalting individuals. Rather, God is going to use the “nobodies” to do His work, and the only one that is going to get put up on a pedestal is Jesus Christ.
This is one of the most encouraging visions that I have ever come across, and I have reproduced it in full below…
My message begins July 25, about 2:30 in the morning at Winnipeg, Canada. I had hardly fallen asleep when the vision and the revelation that God gave me came before me. The vision came three times, exactly in detail, the morning of July 25, 1961. I was so stirred and so moved by the revelation that this has changed my complete outlook upon the body of Christ, and upon the end time ministries.
The greatest thing that the church of Jesus Christ has ever been given lies straight ahead. It is so hard to help men and women to realize and understand the thing that God is trying to give to his people in the end times.
I received a letter several weeks ago from one of our native evangelists down in Africa, down in Nairobi. This man and his wife were on their way to Tanganyika. They could neither read nor could they write, but we had been supporting them for over two years. As they entered into the territory of Tanganyika, they came across a small village. The entire village was evacuating because of a plague that had hit the village. He came across natives that were weeping, and he asked them what was wrong.