Axel Merk & Chris Waltzek
from Radio Gold Seek
- Axel Merk, head of Merk Investments returns to the show – he thinks the Fed should balk on next week’s proposed rate hike.
- Instead, policymakers will likely engineer a ZIRP exit strategy.
- By reducing volatility / exposure to zero, the Fed “put” has lulled investors into a false sense of security, forcing savings into risky assets.
- The resulting complacency is costly and could increase along with volatility in the coming weeks / months as investors adjust expectations. Our guest outlines a robust, portfolio diversification-strategy.
- From a contrarian stance, gold offers a solid alternative to over priced equities. Merk Investments created a gold ETF with the benefit of delivery.
- Investors can request delivery of American Gold Eagles to their doorsteps in one week, regardless of market volatility (OUNZ).