“Gold: You Should Own It”
“Gold: You Should Own It” by Rory – The Daily Coin
We have been compiling news articles that are outside of how the mainstream media (MSM) usually portrays gold, especially physical gold. The MSM has no problem discussing paper gold in the form of ETF’s, which aren’t exactly gold products, rather these are financial products that provide an investor exposure to gold’s valuation both up and down. People would typically do better with just about any other type of financial investment vehicle (not financial advice) if they are looking for profits. Gold is not an investment and having exposure to gold’s valuation doesn’t change that attribute. Gold is money and insurance against Federal Reserve and all the other central banks fiat currency monetary policies that can change, literally, overnight.
We, at The Daily Coin, love gold, especially physical gold that finds it’s way into our hands. That is the absolute best type of gold on the planet – the gold we hold! Don’t get me wrong, we like the gold you’re holding in your hand as well, we just like ours better!
As we have shown over the past several months there is a growing meme by the MSM encouraging people to acquire and hold physical gold. We still can not understand this sudden change, but are grateful to read and hear the MSM singing a different tune. I have to say, it is very unnerving and has my radar on high alert as to the reasoning for a very wide variety of MSM outlets redirecting their readers away from paper gold, ETF’s, to physical gold in their vault! This is a massive change of events.
- July 12, 2017 – It all started with Terry Duffy, President of the CME Group stating on live TV that gold should currently be in $5-$6,000/ounce with all the geopolitical, economic and financial news.
- August 10, 2017 – Then an article appeared on the front page of the WSJ interviewing Ronan Manly, John Embry and James Turk discussing the Federal Reserve, gold swaps and gold price suppression.
- August 21, 2017 via Twitter – This was followed by Secretary Treasurer, Mnuchin visiting Ft Knox and stating “gold is safe”. About a week later Goldman Sachs announced physical gold was the “true hedge of last resort”.
- September 13, 2017 – Then Jeff Christian stated that if a person had held 27-30% physical gold in their portfolio between 1968 and 2016 their portfolio would have performed “significantly better” than a portfolio without physical gold.
- September 13, 2017 – Jeff Christian also stated beginning sometime between now and 2020 golds “annual average high” would be north of the 2012 annual average high of $1,669 and would maintain that level. Sadly, this is very underreported. Love him or hate him, Christian’s company is the company that determines how gold and silver perform – the CPM Group owns the COMEX and who better to know how gold and silver will be manipulated than the company pushing the buttons and pulling levers?
- September 20, 2017 – Sputnik News reported on the “price suppression scheme” and ask who and why.
- September 26, 2017 – And now, just within the past few days, the World Gold Council is asking if we have reached “peak gold”.
- October 13, 2017 – CNN reporting on the “psychology of gold“!?!
When you think of the color gold, images of grandeur and extravagance are likely to come to mind.
For millennia, the metal has adorned crowns and hilts of swords. It has been used to enhance paintings and ornaments to increase their value.
Gold continues to be featured heavily in religion and religious rituals alike. It decorates the papal regalia, spires, domes and minarets of temples, churches, monasteries and mosques worldwide.
Golden trophies like Olympic medals, the Nobel Prize, Oscars and Emmys are presented to people who display a unique talent. “The idea is the prize made of a rare material is given to people with display talent as rare as the material,” said Sally Augustin, an environmental and design psychologist. Psychologically, this results in gold being a color of motivation.
Are you motivated? Source
This is nothing short of psychological warfare to entice people to acquire more gold and it’s coming from the mothership of “fake news” CNN! Why? Why would this organization that is now better known for being the global laughing stock of fake news putting out piece of reporting to actually get people on board, from a studied psychological approach, to acquire gold!?! This is almost unbelievable.
In ancient Rome and medieval Europe, sumptuary laws prohibited people from wearing too much gold — or not wearing it at all unless they were from a noble family.
Gold leaf has been used liberally in artwork which hinted at the status of the patron who commissioned it.
All societies value gold and investing in gold has survived for centuries through marketing — even glorified.
“(Gold) carries with it the messaging that you should own it. It is a learned, conditioned response,” said Eiseman — but not so much that it becomes tacky, she adds.
In popular culture, musicians flaunt their gold bling. The underlying message being that they are good at what they do and have amassed a lot of wealth. “In a lot of cultures, the word for money derives from the word for gold. In China, the ideogram for money is the ideogram for gold,” Oakley said. Source
Seven different articles in exactly 90 days all going through a litany of reasons for you, the general public, to own and possess physical gold. What is interesting is the fact that not only is the MSM pointing out reasons to hold physical gold they are providing some of the reasons that internet only news services, like The Daily Coin, point out everyday. Reasons like gold should be much higher, “gold, currently, should be $5-$6,000”, “peak gold” or said another way, gold is extremely rare and our personal favorite “gold is money”.
As I stated at the beginning of this article, it is a little unnerving to have all this gold centric news coming from the likes Reuters, CNN and the Wall Street journal when these organizations usually spend their days bashing gold and telling the general public to stay away from gold. Now, they are taking a 180 degree turn. Why?