Corsair Stealth Survivor USB Flash Drive Key-chain Backup
Corsair Stealth Survivor USB Flash Drive Key-chain Backup by Ken Jorgustin – Modern Survival Blog
I thought that I would share with you something that I have been doing for awhile now; I keep a high capacity USB flash drive on my key-chain as backup for the personal files on my main computer.
I had chosen the Corsair “Stealth Survivor” 256GB flash drive, given its capacity to hold all that I need, and given its rugged and waterproof design.
Here’s why I consider it to be good preparedness and here’s why I chose the Stealth Survivor:
Imagine losing all of your personal data, photos, etc.., from your computer? The fact is that eventually it WILL happen. Hard drives fail, computers fail, there might be a theft, fire, or other damage which results in loss of your personal data.
While some people use “Cloud” services to store and/or backup their personal data, I don’t do that. Rather, I prefer to keep all of my data within my personal physical tangible possession and control. Therefore it is wise to back it up on at least one other device!
One of my backups is the Corsair Survivor Stealth 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive.
It has been on my key-chain for several years without issue. Other than exterior scuffs on the metal case, the electronics have held up flawlessly.
This Flash Drive might actually be the best USB emergency storage device that can clip to your key-chain. Why?
1. It’s case is metal and protects the flash drive itself from physical damage. “Hard-anodized, aircraft-grade aluminum housing”.
2. The USB case is waterproof. There’s an o-ring at the threaded section (see the picture).
3. Shockproof and drop tested with a unique shock-dampening collar
4. It attaches easily to your key-chain, which means that it is always with you.
5. USB 3.0 (2.0 compatible) technology enables FASTER file transfer
6. It just looks cool… and makes a great grip for holding your keys 😉
Note: This flash drive comes in a variety of storage sizes ranging from 16GB to as much as 512GB! The various options can be found below: