10 Must-Have Solar-Powered Camping Gadgets
10 Must-Have Solar-Powered Camping Gadgets by Earl Garcia – BugOut
Camping is one of the most popular outdoor recreational activities in the U.S. In order to properly enjoy it, it’s best to always be prepared. Access to electricity can be limited. This is where solar-powered gadgets can be useful. An article from SolarPowerAuthority.com features a list of 10 solar-powered gadgets that campers should consider bringing.
- Solar lamp – Solar lamps or lanterns are easily one of the most essential solar-powered items you can bring. These lightweight gadgets use efficient LED lights and solar panels, which means they emit low levels of carbon, if any at all. Solar lamps are portable lighting options to help make camping nights safer and more comfortable.
- Solar backpack – Solar bags and backpacks are relatively new innovations in solar energy generation. Since campers and hikers bring their backpacks all the time, these gadgets hit two birds with one stone: carrying necessary gear while generating solar energy. Solar bags and backpacks can help extend battery life in smartphones and other gadgets.
- Solar camp shower – These gadgets may prove beneficial for camp sites with limited access to water. Solar camp showers are practically expandable bags that enable campers to store gallons. What makes the gadget an ideal camping must-have is its capacity to use the sun’s energy to heat the stored water, a feature that may work best for camping in cooler climates.
- Solar flashlight – Like solar lamps, solar flashlights are an excellent source of light during camping. Solar flashlights are lightweight, compact, and portable. These features allow campers to have access to light anywhere in the camping site.
- Solar-powered water purifier – Water is essential for human survival. Solar-powered water purifiers are important gadgets to have especially when water quality is in question. These gadgets use solar power to help eliminate potentially harmful chemicals in contaminated water.
- Solar-powered camera charger – Most campers carry cameras around to snap photos of the great outdoors. Carrying a solar-powered camera charger may ensure your equipment’s battery life.