George Orwell’s 1984 Club Is Now Accepting New Members
George Orwell’s 1984 Club Is Now Accepting New Members by Daisy Luther
This week on Survival Saturday, I wanted to address the fact that here in America we really have a lot more in common than people think. Many of the concerns that the Left are experiencing now are the same ones expressed by those of us who were unhappy with the Obama administration.
Maybe – just maybe – we could all agree that the government in this country has far too much authority in our everyday lives. Maybe we could all agree that oppressive laws are a bad thing no matter who is making them. While our ideal versions of America may be different, no one wants to be silenced or sidelined. No one wants their opinions crushed. And it is the ability for us to all express ourselves that allows for dialogue and balance – if we allow it.
Maybe we should look at the stuff we have in common instead of focusing on our differences. Then, united, we could see some real change.
Please think critically. No matter who you wanted in office, I urge you to look at each issue on its own merit and remove your personal politics from your assessment. Today, I’m writing about two administration-related topics – one of which I support and one of which I don’t. If we all could just look at the issues and ignore the partisan propaganda, perhaps we could make some real progress toward freedom.
PS: Do you get the daily newsletter? If not, you’re missing out on all sorts of free stuff and musings not available on the website. Go here to subscribe and get all sorts of free self-reliance downloads.
Do you really think the FDA and USDA made your food safer?
A lot of people are up in arms because of a hiring freeze at the United States Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration. They’re horrified that he has also instituted a regulatory freeze on the ironically named Food Safety Modernization Act, a freeze that really just stops new laws from being added at this time.
They seem to think that these agencies actually have our best interests at heart with dramatic headlines like “Alarm: This is not a joke” and “Trump Bans Food Safety Scientists.”
Here are some facts of which you may not be aware if you are upset about this.
- None of our food that is imported is subject to inspection (Imports make up 50 percent of our fresh fruits, 20 percent of our fresh vegetables and 80 percent of our seafood.)
- These are the agencies that brought us GMO corn in practically every item at the grocery store
- These agencies allow proven neurotoxins like MSG and aspartame in our food.
I can’t see any big loss there.
As for the Food Safety Modernization Act, it’s a tool of oppression that will make our food less safe and healthy. Here are a few of the things it covers:
- All nutrients (vitamins and minerals) are to be considered toxins/poisons and are to be removed from all food because Codex prohibits the use of nutrients to “prevent, treat or cure any condition or disease”
- All food (including organic) is to be irradiated, removing all toxic nutrients from food (unless eaten locally and raw).
- Nutrients allowed will be limited to a Positive List developed by Codex which will include such beneficial nutrients like Fluoride (3.8 mg daily) developed from environmental waste. All other nutrients will be prohibited nationally and internationally to all Codex-compliant countries.
- All nutrients (e.g., CoQ10, Vitamins A, B, C, D, Zinc and Magnesium) that have any positive health impact on the body will be deemed illegal under Codex and are to be reduced to amounts negligible to humans’ health.
- All advice on nutrition (including written online or journal articles or oral advice to a friend, family member or anyone) will be illegal.
- All dairy cows are to be treated with Monsanto’s recombinant bovine growth hormone.
- All animals used for food are to be treated with potent antibiotics and exogenous growth hormones.
- The reintroduction of deadly and carcinogenic organic pesticides that in 1991, 176 countries (including the U.S.) have banned worldwide including 7 of the 12 worst at the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pesticides (e.g., Hexachlorobenzene, Toxaphene, and Aldrin) will be allowed back into food at elevated levels.
- Dangerous and toxic levels (0.5 ppb) of aflotoxin in milk produced from moldy storage conditions of animal feed will be allowed. Aflotoxin is the second most potent (non-radiation) carcinogenic compound known to man.
- Mandatory use of growth hormones and antibiotics on all food herds, fish and flocks
- Worldwide implementation of unlabeled GMOs into crops, animals, fish and trees.
Take a chill pill.
Unless there is widespread industrial sabotage to prove a point (which *cough* Chipotle *cough* is not beyond the realm of possibility) this could actually mean safer food, as well as fewer regulations hampering small producers and traditional growers.